My first job ever was at a pizza shop in high school and that's where my love for pizza started. That's also how I started eating more vegetables (LOL)! I started making my own pizzas at home when I would get pizza delivered and there was just not enough cheese, even when I paid for extra cheese!
When I found flatbread at the grocery store and the idea sparked in my head that I can make my own pizza with all the cheese I want! I'm sharing with you one of my favorite combos of chicken and pesto covered with cheese and garlic!
Here's what you'll need:
1 sheet of flatbread (I used Atoria's Flatbread)
3/4 cup of pesto sauce (your fav pesto)
1 cup of cooked chicken (or rotisserie chicken)
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup of roasted peppers
1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
12 cloves of garlic (coated in oil)
1/4 cup minced garlic (for flatbread crust)
1 TSP oregano
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet pan with oil spray.
2. On the flatbread, spread the pesto sauce with a spoon or brush all around the flatbread until the top is covered. Then spread the minced garlic around the edges of the flatbread also using the brush or spoon.
3. Next, add mozzarella cheese and evenly spread out on the flatbread.
4. Next, add the chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic cloves, and roasted red peppers and spread evenly throughout the flatbread.
5. Add some a topping layer of cheese and some shakes of dried oregano and put in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.